Areas of activity
The Internal Security Bureau carries out the pre-trial investigation and operational activities.
The function of the Internal Security Bureau is to detect, prevent and investigate crimes which are committed by:
- the following officials and employees of the subordinate institutions of the Ministry of the Interior:
- The State Police
- The State Border Guard
- The State Fire-fighting and Rescue Service
- The Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs
- The Provision State Agency
- The Information centre of the Ministry of the Interior
- The Health and Sports centre of the Ministry of the Interior
- The Health centre of the Ministry of the Interior;
- Prison administration officials with special ranks, in the course of their duties, if they are related to violence;
- Port Police employees, in the course of their duties, if they are related to violence;
- Municipal Police employees, in the course of their duties, if they are related to violence.
In the case of disciplinary violations, committed by officials and employees of institutions, please inform the managers of the responsible departments of the relevant authorities.
Upon receiving submissions on the violations of above mentioned officials and employees of institutions, investigation of which does not fall within the competence of the Internal Security Bureau, the information is evaluated and sent to authorities by jurisdiction.
Up to now, most common offences, investigated in the Internal Security Bureau was:
- The exceeding of official powers;
- The exceeding of official powers, if it is related to violence or the threat of violence;
- Mismanagement of authority.
Hereby we inform that the complaint about the action of the official conducting criminal procedure or examination of actions is not within the competence of the Internal Security Bureau. Procedure of the submission of complaints is determined by the Criminal Procedure Law.